Principles and Practice of Evidence Based Health Care
MAIN AIMS OF THE MODULE
The module offers students the opportunity to examine recent literature and to consider its contribution to evidence-based practice. Students will explore the types of information that are collected about health and will critically evaluate research material from a range of study designs.
MAIN TOPICS OF STUDY:
* Concepts and definitions of evidence-based practice.
* The role of research studies.
* Understanding the presentation of results.
* Techniques for critically appraising evidence.
* The role of evidence in the development of guidelines and policies.
Directed Self Study, Lectures, Online learning, Peer discussion, Practical training, Seminars, Tutorials
Equivalent professional qualification, Relevant professional experience, Undergraduate degree
Middlesex UB8 3PH