Minor Illness Management
What will this course cover?
To train nurses and allied health professionals to manage minor illness in a variety of settings using an integrated approach including theoretical perspectives and supervised clinical practice.
Content of the module includes:
- consultation skills and history taking
- knowledge of nursing and medical models and exploration of key components from each, in order to undertake a patient history effectively
- articulate strategies within individual practice that will facilitate management of uncertainty
- clinical decision making and record keeping
- examination of patients presenting with minor illness conditions in the following areas: MSK, ENT, eyes, respiratory, abdominal and skin
- health beliefs, health psychology and health promotion application to practice for the management of minor illness
- legal and professional frameworks
- accountability and clinical governance
- evidence based practice and management of minor illness
- change management and protocol development.
Case discussions, Group work, Lectures, Online learning, Simulation, Tutorials, Workshops
Clinical competencies, Coursework
Relevant professional experience
Currently registering for study beginning February