The Art of Professional Practice
MAIN AIMS OF THE MODULE
1. To master a synthesis of theory and practice, developing professional artistry
2. To reflect on the value of occupational therapy as an agent in health and social care.
3. To critically appraise clinical reasoning in professional practice.
MAIN TOPICS OF STUDY
* Reflective practice.
* Professional artistry.
* The development of occupational therapy as a profession.
* Relevant theoretical and practical frameworks for professional practice.
* Judgement, decision making and expertise development.
* Theories and models of clinical reasoning.
Case discussions, Group work, Lectures, Peer discussion
Equivalent professional qualification, Relevant professional experience, Undergraduate degree
Middlesex UB8 3PH